- This Yuletide I’m again inbreathing
- exhaust from begrutten flames. What
- is it about fire? Spark or spontaneity?
- Like a paleontologist I wonder what
- was there to us, to our togetherness:
- forgetting we were other people then.
- Buggered by the final arbiter I have tried
- to obliterate your eyes were home to my
- emptiness: counterpane without peepholes.
Packingtown Review – Vol.11, Spring 2019
Sanjeev Sethi is the author of three books of poetry. His most recent collection is This Summer and That Summer (Bloomsbury, 2015). His poems are in venues around the world: Ann Arbor Review, Mad Swirl, Empty Mirror, Antarctica Journal, Right Hand Pointing, Peacock Journal, New Mystics, London Grip, Scarlet Leaf Review, Communicators League, and elsewhere. He lives in Mumbai, India.