- Borders are lies and liars
- join hands as dust rises to coat bones.
- A renegade wind dissolves.
- How many witnesses sigh?
- How loudly? How far do the sighs
- reach? Do the trees capture them?
- Do they fester in pools of red rock?
- Can you hear them?
- Can they be heard out and beyond?
- Those moving between countries
- shift their thirst.
Packingtown Review – Vol.5, Fall 2013
Mercedes Lawry has published poetry in such journals as Poetry, Nimrod, Poetry East, The Saint Ann's Review, and others. Twice nominated for a Pushcart Prize, she's published two chapbooks, most recently "Happy Darkness". She's also published fiction, essays and stories and poems for children. She lives in Seattle.