- Dada, did you get the message?
- He stutters a bit
- And then goes back to phrasing:
- I love you and I miss you.
- Milo is being nice to me now
- We are going on a school bus
- It’s my birthday soon
- I can’t wait to go to Florida.
- And then he is prompted by his mother.
- I can’t wait for guy’s weekend
- I got a new robot
- I got a book about dinosaurs
- I fed Alfie
- She is on the bed with us.
- I love you and I miss you
Packingtown Review – Vol.9, Fall 2017
Morgan Bazilian’s poems and short fiction have appeared in journals including: Exercise Bowler, Pacific Poetry, Angle Poetry, Dead Flowers, Poetry Quarterly, Garbanzo Literary, Innisfree, Eclectica, South Loop Review, Embodied Effigies, Shadowbox, Slab, Crack the Spine, and Glasschord.